Generals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miscellaneous (Talk about random stuff)

3 posters

Go down

Miscellaneous (Talk about random stuff) Empty Miscellaneous (Talk about random stuff)

Post  General Kinder Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:58 am

Good day Generals! /:-) salute,
Thought I'd try an clean up the forum by making this topic so we can talk about anything that's not specific rather than making loads of subjects. Hope I'm not being too anal?! Sleep

General Ash, I've been in Turkey for the last 10 days hence why you've not heard from me. Glad to hear the Necron Agents haven't censored access to this forum from your school. How is your new year going?

It's my first day back from holiday and I've taken the day off today to rest up (paint). But holiday doesn't mean no Warhammer. In between sunbathing and not wearing underwear, I sketched out terrain designs for General Tom HoD campaign. I'm making a computer station and barracks. I even bought the rule book and read it in great detail. I even made it sexy by having 2 hot ladies in the background Razz

Miscellaneous (Talk about random stuff) Holiday

Even Geekier, I highlighted rules that we've overlooked. There is so much to remember, but as Sir Francis Bacon says..."Knowledge is power" (Religious Meditations, Of Heresies, 1597, English author, courtier, & philosopher).

Anyway, I'm going to get back to finishing my Grey Knight Squad. Going to BlueWater today so will be buying another squad as I'm aiming to having a complete Daemon Hunter army ready for our next battle.
General Kinder
General Kinder

http://www.sillyface.org

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous (Talk about random stuff) Empty Re: Miscellaneous (Talk about random stuff)

Post  50. Caliber Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:52 am

Haha thats a funny picture man, My new years going alright actually a little bit boring though. good to see you have been brushing up on the rules. I have painted pritty much everything i have now im going to wait a while untill i do Eldar, im still hypnotised by Xboxlive so i find time to paint a struggle. I might be able to get a hold of some of that blue foam stuff that you carve things with so we can get some hill terrain in our matches. so fingers crossed on that.
50. Caliber
50. Caliber

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous (Talk about random stuff) Empty Re: Miscellaneous (Talk about random stuff)

Post  General Kinder Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:25 pm

That'll be great if you can. Blue foam is expensive stuff, and you being at school might be able to get your hands on it for free. Actually you have a great opportunity to use the workshop if you want to cut up some perspex bases. As well as hills, you can also make cool rock formations with the foam by breaking up by hand and paint them Codex Grey and dry brush them with Skull White, easy peasy. I'm making a pond at the moment. The more terrain the better and strategic the battles.

I hear you about X-Box. When I got Call of Duty 4, it completely took my eye off my Imperial Guard. But by the sounds of it OVERLORD told me that you have a Huuuuuuuge army. Good luck in painting them.

What do you want to do for a career?
General Kinder
General Kinder

Back to top Go down

Post  50. Caliber Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:31 pm

Yeah man, i have a GCSE project coming up in woodwork and I'm designing a prison or something. but we will have to do a practise one so i will ask for some then and il just keep it muhaha. im going to use stuff from GW to help boost my grade il add details and stuff using flock and such Very Happy

Yeah Xbox is pritty much my life sadly as it may seem but i am in love with it haha, John if you get one and get Xbox live you will definitely love it too its so addictive Haha. Dont know much about this huge army Wink id say about 1000pts worth of Eldar i will do it though, i have the colour scheme ready so its just a matter of painting them, i know what i am doing with the striking scorpions as i have painted about 3 of them so that shouldn't be too difficult.

As for my career.... i have no idea! theres nothing that im particularly good at it seems, my grades only seem average and i have no actual interests, if i had the chance to i would like to do something within Gaming such as, Reviewer, Interviewer (With game company's such as EA, Midway, Activison, Ubisoft etc...)
50. Caliber
50. Caliber

Back to top Go down

Post  HoD Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:17 am

Hail Generals.

Sorry for being so quiet, the spasms of chaos are stopping me from doing basic things.

Have been submerged with Warcraft at the moment so, I too am suffering the same fate as .50 C.

Glad you had a good holiday Kinder, love the photo, especially the shorts Wink Very impressive to have the rule book in your paws Very Happy

I need some inspiration bounce
HoD
HoD

Back to top Go down

Post  General Kinder Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:36 am

Remeber .50C, it's not what you're good it's what you're pationate about that chooses your career.
All my GCSEs were all D's and E grade. Felt like the end of the world, but found there're more routes to get to something you want to do.
My best advice to you is to get work experience. You may spend years studying to do a job and find that it's not for you. Wirte to Ubisoft and request a week or two. If anything you'll see some cool stuff.

HoD....You rock! bounce
General Kinder
General Kinder

Back to top Go down

Post  50. Caliber Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:20 pm

Nice To hear from you Tom Very Happy

Cheers John i might just do that, i have been worried about my GCSE grades but i do hear from quite a few people that they only came away with E's, D's and C's and they still have wicked jobs. either way il try my best and what will be, will be. Schools need to be teaching students things they want to learn about for future careers not Religious Education and PSHE!!!
50. Caliber
50. Caliber

Back to top Go down

Post  HoD Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:45 am

Yeah i agree with John, my grades sucked all D,E,F's Laughing Its best not to put too much pressure on yourself. Its only a small fraction of your life and theres so many other avenues. I reckon your grades'll be fine Very Happy

Is PSHE like Physical Education. Im a bit behind the times.

You know what, i was good at Religious Education, i should have chose it as a subjject. Maybe Ill become a priest cheers I would love to be a Religious Education lecturer and go round the world studying different religions. Yeah, I know, I bring new meaning to the word Geek Embarassed

Anyone doing anyhting at the weekend?

Where is Overlord scratch
HoD
HoD

Back to top Go down

Post  General Kinder Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:59 am

You can't go wrong with R.E as it's so subjective. Fun to study as well. I emailed OVERLORD, and he said he's sorry as he's been really busy lately and hasn't had the chance to log onto our forum.

This weekend I'll be continuing painting another Deamon Hunter squad as I finished one last night and also I'll nip down to B&Q to buy some materials blades, polyfiller, superglue, woodglue, Lassgun etc.

We need to set some battle dates as I'm slowly running low on enthusiasm, which I guess is expected after painting a load of identical miniatures over, and over again every night this week. I suggest we have one in October and probably arrange a trip to Nottingham in November. Whatdoyasay?
General Kinder
General Kinder

Back to top Go down

Post  HoD Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:44 am

i like the sound of the plan General Kinder, we could do phase one of the campaign (or something similar) that'll give me motivation to paint Smile

Ive got a few days off in October...yay!
HoD
HoD

Back to top Go down

Post  General Kinder Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:43 am

Proposed dates...
Battle @ HoDs: Sunday 19th October?
Nottingham: Thurday-Friday 13th-14th November?? (Leaving Thursday evening)

I'll get started on building the computer building like you've stated in your campaign plan.
General Kinder
General Kinder

Back to top Go down

Post  HoD Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:52 am

Yep I think the 19th Oct might be ok. Ill get back to you on that but i expect it'll be fine.

Ill have to see how the pennys go nearer the time for Nottingham cos i
dont get paid if im off (should be ok tho) but the dates sound good to me also Very Happy

Time to paint. Wish i wasnt at work, never mind work supplements the hobby!!
HoD
HoD

Back to top Go down

Post  50. Caliber Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:49 pm

Sorry i havent spoke guys, i diddn't had BTEC Media today so i havent had access to a PC.

Umm Tom.. PSHE is, Personal, Soical, Health, Education, it basically teaches you about politics, laws, sex, crimes, world trades, UN etc. its not all that great.

Physical Education is - PE, e.g Swimming, Football, Basketball, Tennis etc. (Im doing bowling Razz )

This weekend i will be online most of the time, i have been trying to go out as much as possible so going up the park will probably end up being one of the things that i do. Hopefull sunday my Mum and Dad might take me up Tash & Petes but i havent asked yet.
50. Caliber
50. Caliber

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous (Talk about random stuff) Empty UPDATES.....Where...is...everybody?

Post  General Kinder Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:43 am

Has the Nergle lords wiped out Essex? Has the Necron Assassins taken down and are currently torturing the other General??

Hi Generals,
I've almost finished the Computer Station and it's looking good. Wasn't sure when I was painting it, but after a highlight it looks the part. You wouldn't tell that it's made from card. Pics will be posted soon.

I've followed the blending tutorial I posted. And I've repainted one of my Cadian Guard soldiers. The difference is amazing, and I'll take pics and post them hopefully this weekend. I lost myself so much that I was painting him until 1:00am last night. 39 to go silent But I'll take my time.
General Kinder
General Kinder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum