Generals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forces of Chaos vs Forces of the Imperium (Campaign)

4 posters

Go down

Forces of Chaos vs Forces of the Imperium (Campaign) Empty Forces of Chaos vs Forces of the Imperium (Campaign)

Post  HoD Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:53 pm

Hi Generals.

I have devised a three battle Campaign based on the Evil forces vs The Forces of the Imperium.

'The Forces of the Imperium have captured a number of Daemon warriors from the Chaos Warp. Little do they know, that these particular spawns of Chaos are highly intelligent and hold valuble information on the Battle Plans of the Evil Chaos General known only as the ‘Harbinger of Doom’. ‘HoD’ knows that its only a matter of time before the Daemon Hunter 'General Kinder' (an expert in the arts of interrogation and tapping into the Chaos warp) finds out how important the captives really are to the Dark powers. If the information is leaked from the captives, the whole Chaos invasion will be compromised as the Imperium will know when, where and how the offensive will take place. The forces of ‘HoD’ must get these captives back before the Chaos gods rain terror and misery to his kind, therefore he must employ the help of the Perverse Dark Eldar 'Overlord Dementor' and the monstrosities known as the Orks.'

I will attach a copy of the whole Campaign once I have finished it and added pretty pictures etc.

General Ash, I dont know where your loyalties lie so you can place you faith in either the Imperial Forces or in the wonderful bathing light that is known as Chaos Cool

By the way, loving the paintings guys, cant wait to see them all in the flesh. Ill have to put a few of mine on here too when i get the chance.

Untill tomorrow Wink
HoD
HoD

Back to top Go down

Forces of Chaos vs Forces of the Imperium (Campaign) Empty Re: Forces of Chaos vs Forces of the Imperium (Campaign)

Post  50. Caliber Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:54 pm

Whats this for Tom ? Nottingham?
50. Caliber
50. Caliber

Back to top Go down

Forces of Chaos vs Forces of the Imperium (Campaign) Empty Re: Forces of Chaos vs Forces of the Imperium (Campaign)

Post  HoD Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:26 am

Not sure really. Maybe my house. I reckon we should have more regular battles round mine. I'm going to get a couple of new boards to set our battles up on and maybe attempt a bit of scenery too. Suspect
HoD
HoD

Back to top Go down

Post  General Kinder Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:30 am

That's a great story line HoD especially of the Imperiam not knowing how important their prize is Idea
You could quiet easily make a campaign from that. But I'll leave it to you.

I agree a battle like that should be staged near the Chaos warp field in Benfleet. As bringing over 1000 points of Guard to Nottingham would be a bugger to haul around with me.

That would be great if you started on some new terrain as it would make our battles looks really cool and more strategic.
I'm currently working on a pond and I want to get some city buildings done.

I think we need more...
Difficult terrain pieces e.g river, pond, marsh etc
Impassable terrain pieces e.g Rock formations,
Buildings e.g ruins, city bits,
Walls, barriers, hedgerows.
General Kinder
General Kinder

http://www.sillyface.org

Back to top Go down

Post  HoD Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:40 am

Yeah, I have formulated 3 battle campaign with different out comes for the winners and losers, also you get some extra points to use if you win well.

The final battle is planned to be 2,000 points each side or 3,000 Apocolypse all depending on whos playing and whos got what points etc. Once I show you guys the campaign it will be open to suggestions. Might be an idea if we all think of a Campaign for future uses and maybe Pete could put a Sticky on the forum called 'Campaigns' where we can collect them Cool

At the weekend im going to have a look down the DIY shop for some Decent boards.
HoD
HoD

Back to top Go down

Post  50. Caliber Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:55 am

Yeah i like the idea of that, Tash and Pete are planning on having me sleep over theres sometime so maybe we could come up to yours one day then, it wont be so bad on tash this time because we know what we are doing.

The points rewards sounds sweet, its cool to play a friendly game but it makes more sence to play for something so the better we do in the first game gives us a better opportunity to use new/different/more stuff in the next.

I have a building we can use it painted all drybrushed silver at the moment but il add to it when the time comes. I have all Petes tree's at mine aswell and his Dark Eldar army haha. The only other scenery i have is some desert type stuff e.g Barrels, rocks, tank barricades like the "X" shape ones they used on the beaches on D-day thats the best way i can describe them anyway.

Also, im guessing Tau isnt involved in this but Space Marines are involved with the imperium arn't they? i could use them then.
50. Caliber
50. Caliber

Back to top Go down

Post  HoD Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:16 am

Yeah, basically the Imperium consists of Imperial Guard and Daemon/Witch Hunters and sisters of Battle, Grey Knights. But they can and are usually allies with the Space Marines. So you can use them or if you want to use Tau they can be allies with the Imperium if they are attacking a shared and hated enemy.

Orks, Chaos & Dark Eldar are pretty much hated by everyone so the Tau/ Imperial alliance would make sense! (Wow, i sound like a pure GW Geek Shocked

So its up to you who you want ot take part.

Ill post the campaign on here tonight when its finished Smile
HoD
HoD

Back to top Go down

Post  General Kinder Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:13 am

[quote="HoD"](Wow, i sound like a pure GW Geek Shocked[quote]

You are amoungst Geeks, therefore the more you know about GW the more cooler you are Smile .
General Kinder
General Kinder

http://www.sillyface.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Overlord Dementor Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:21 am

OMG!!! *slams door open with one hand while panting in the door frame*

Training sucks!

The campaign sound awesome!! Sorry can only be quick
Overlord Dementor
Overlord Dementor
Admin

https://generals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  HoD Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:17 pm

Well, here is the Campaign. I cant attach it as a word document cos my Word is too new for it to work on work computers (not sure about you guys) So thought id just paste it straight into here Rolling Eyes

Battle 1 – Intelligence: 1,000 points
Battle Briefing
Word has been spread that an Imperial Guard battalion have secured a small village from the rampaging Orks. What is interesting to the ‘Harbinger of Doom’ is that the battalion leader was there at the very time when the Daemon beings where extracted and captured from the Warp. This battalion must be crushed to find out if there is any information that could lead to the whereabouts of these prisoners. The location was provided by Ork Boss Urgabak Durlakabac and he can identify the officer in question. Playing the Battle
Battle 1 is a Seize Ground mission with 2 objectives that need to be secured or captured.

Objective
This battle will be played by Chaos Space Marines and Orks against Imperial Forces. 1,000 points each side. There are 2 objectives that the Evil players need to capture and control by the end of the battle to gain knowledge of the whereabouts of the captives; these represent the Imperial Guard Officer and the information computer control centre. These objective must be protected to thwart the Chaos plans to find the captives.

Terrain
The objectives will be placed randomly in a village that had previously been overrun by Orks. There will be buildings, rubble and grassy areas, including trees.

Victory

Chaos
If the Chaos player captures one objective he gains 150 points to use in the next Battle. This represents the intelligence he has gathered of the location of the prisoners.

If the Chaos player captures both objectives he gains 250 points to use in the next battle. He also gets the upper hand in the next battle by setting up last and choosing to go first or second. This represents the intelligence gathered on the whereabouts of the prisoners

Imperial

If the Imperial player captures one objective he gains 150 points. This represents the fact that intelligence has been blocked from the Chaos player and the fact that the Daemon hunters have extracted vital information from the prisoners.

If the Imperial Player captures two objectives he gains 250 points plus knowledge from the captives of the Chaos battle plan. He gets the upper hand in next battle by setting up last and choosing to go first or second.

Battle 2 – The Destruction Begins: 1,500 points
Battle Briefing
The Chaos and Imperial war wages on, both sides know that the next stage will be bloody as information may have been gathered or retribution needs to be dished out. The Chaos army sends forth a large force to over whelm the Imperial forces and get their captives back before the secrets of the Chaos plan are released. Their aim: Destroy all enemies. On killing the Imperial defence battalion they Chaos can then assault the main holding bay that the Daemon Hunters are torturing the beloved servants of Chaos.Playing the Battle
Battle 2 will either be played as an Annihilation mission or a Capture and Control mission depending on the outcome of Battle 1:

Objectives
If the Chaos player win the previous battle the Imperial Guard are on the back foot and must set up a defensive perimeter to protect the holding bay where the Daemons are kept. This will be played as a Capture and Control Mission, the victor being the side that takes control of the enemy base.

If the Imperial player wins the first battle they have the Chaos forces at a disadvantage now they have more of an idea of the attack plan, with this they plan to take the fight to the Chaos and annihilate their attack force. This mission will then be an Annihilation mission. The victors being the side with the most kill points at the end of the battle.

Terrain
Suitable Terrain shall be used to set up each base. The Imperial forces will have a more permanent sturdy base where the Chaos forces will have a temporary ‘camp’. There will be buildings, rubble and grassy areas, including trees and hills in the empty land between bases set up in a mutual way.

Victory

Chaos
If the Chaos player wins Battle 2 he gains 250 points to use in the next battle to fuel his victorious charge.

Imperial
If the Imperial forces win Battle 2 he gains the advantage by setting up an Ambush to thwart the Chaos second wave of attack. Also he gains 250 points to use in the next battle to utterly crush the threat.

In the case of a draw an extra turn must be played until a winner is established

Battle 3 – Unleash the Carnage – 2,000 points (or 3,000 points Apocalypse)
The Chaos legions are now on the back foot, after their primary attack force has been crushed they send a second wave. A gargantuan army of Chaos, Orks and Dark Eldar alike, sent forth to devastate the force of the Imperium and claim back their Daemon captives. Little do they know the cunning Imperial forces have extracted even more information from the Daemon prisoners, they know where the attack will take place and they lie in wait, ready to pounce from the shadows and deliver the final blow for The Harbinger of Doom and his minions.
Or
After annihilating the Imperial defence force the Chaos threat grows ever greater and they have the rescue in their sights. The Imperial forces only hope is to flee the area, their escape shuttle is warming up and ready to go, taking with them the keys to all future attacks from the insidious Harbinger of Doom. Can they evacuate the planet before the dreaded invasion that could seal the fate of mankind forever or will they perish under the Daemonic gaze of the Chaos gods.

Playing the Battle
Battle 3 will be either an Ambush mission or an Evacuation mission depending on the outcome of Battle 2:

Objectives - Evacuation
If the Chaos player wins the previous battle they have successfully managed to destroy the Imperial Defence force and can now move on to rescue their captives and finish the Imperial Forces for good. One unit for each prisoner (3 prisoners) in the Imperial Army is assigned to make sure they take the prisoners to the evacuation ship. If both units are destroyed then the Chaos player wins. The prisoners can be transferred to different units after the game starts but not into vehicles. The power of the chaos Daemons has an overbearing energy charge that affects all transport vehicles rendering them incapable of carrying the Daemons.

Deployment
The Imperial forces set up their entire army in the centre of the table, anywhere more than 18” from any table edge. Place a suitable model to represent the escape shuttle or use a marker. The models representing the prisoners should be place more than 24” from the shuttle.

The Chaos player places his army within 8” of the opposite table edge from the shuttle. The defender has the first turn.

Victory

Chaos
The Chaos player wins the game if he gets 2 out of the 3 Prisoners back by destroying the units holding them.

Imperial
The Imperial player wins by getting 2 prisoners to the shuttle.

Objectives - Ambush

If the Imperial player wins battle two the Chaos attack force has been decimated. They send a second wave, even larger than the first, with murderous intent. They have no idea that due to their loss, the Daemon Hunters have managed to gather even more information from the prisoners about the Chaos’ next move and they lie in wait, with a larger force to finish the Chaos advance once and for all.

Deployment

See rule book:

Special Rules:
Hidden Set up
Hidden movement
Detecting Ambushers
Ambushers moving and assaulting

Victory

Chaos
The Chaos player wins by pushing through the Ambush and getting as many units within 12” of the opposite table edge. The Campaign will be continued!!

Imperial
The Imperial Player wins by stopping the Chaos player from reaching the opposite board edge. The Campaign is concluded!!

Ill print out proper copies for us all

Hope you like it Very Happy
HoD
HoD

Back to top Go down

Post  50. Caliber Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:26 am

sounds great man, hopefully we will do the apocalypse battle it would be a good opportunity to see what all my different units can do Cool If i can get to these battles it would be great, i will be using Tau of course, i would rather die alongside the Imperial Guard than Fight alongside Chaos scum! Pete's orks are going to get Owned! by my Plasma Rifles haha.
50. Caliber
50. Caliber

Back to top Go down

Post  Overlord Dementor Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:37 am

Haha not before I pwn your ass with my massive choppa's and slugga's!! Laughing

Us boyz dun care 'bout loozin da odd boy ere n dere, we'z so many, you'z dun stand a chanze WAAAGH!!!
Overlord Dementor
Overlord Dementor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  50. Caliber Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:27 pm

Haha you loser, if you spoke like that in real life i dont know what would happen to you lmao.

Your numbers count for nothing when in the face of death, it is their destiny, think of King Leonidas and his 300 Spartans What a Face your orks are like the persians and you are like King Xerxes, a Giant PUSSY haha.

I tried coming on here at school today but its blocked by Medway! "Web-Based Chat" Fiddle sticks!!
50. Caliber
50. Caliber

Back to top Go down

Post  Overlord Dementor Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:10 am

Fiddlesticks indeed!!

Yeah i'll give ya that xerxes is a big pussy and a tranny.

But we iz nuthin like doze stoopid umie perzhuns. We iz big un green un 'ard, like da hulk but 'arda!!
Overlord Dementor
Overlord Dementor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  50. Caliber Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:25 pm

Haha alright Pete whatever say.

Iv got bowling tomorrow when you read this it will actually be today =] its going to be sweeet
50. Caliber
50. Caliber

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum