Generals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Painting and WIPs

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Painting and WIPs Empty Painting and WIPs

Post  Overlord Dementor Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:41 am

Ive opened this thread to post any of your painting pics or WIPs
Overlord Dementor
Overlord Dementor
Admin

https://generals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Painting and WIPs Empty Re: Painting and WIPs

Post  HoD Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:29 am

Whats a WIP - (some Dark Eldar thing?)
HoD
HoD

Back to top Go down

Post  Overlord Dementor Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:31 am

Its a Work in Progress, or a sexual/torture tool. Whichever you fancy at the time really haha
Overlord Dementor
Overlord Dementor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash < Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:10 am

Howdy guys, Il try and get some pictures of my Space Marines soon, i have finally finished what i started some time ago.

(Blood Raven's side project)

5 Assult Marines
1 Predator Tank
1 Land Speeder
12 Marines

Ash <

Back to top Go down

Post  HoD Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:14 am

Hey Ash, how are you. Blood Ravens are cool, you'll love playing with Space Marines, they are so hard and they really annoy everyone Very Happy

I have Chaos Nurgle army at the mo, it kicks butt!!
HoD
HoD

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash < Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:24 am

Hey Man Very Happy Im good thanks and yourself

Yeah Blood Ravens are sweet they are probably my best painted models so im proud of them, i diddnt want to go for ultramarines like most people so i ended going with a rather rare chapter these days.

Im looking forward to using them at some point even if its a small game with Pete they are hard but very expensive!

Yeah i have heard a bit about your Chaos Marines, im looking forward to seeing them, hopefully i will be allowed to come to nottingham this time, Mum diddnt want me going to London on my own last time, it was fair enough though.

I need a game big time you guys are going to be miles better than me and i want a game where i know what im doing instead of pausing every 2seconds because i dont know what to do, i tried learning some of the rules last night like the Assult phase but i only have the old rule book and i was on the laptop it was confusing and annoying as i had to scroll for ages to find the right pages, i need the rule book and the right codex's to practise properly.

Ash <

Back to top Go down

Post  HoD Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:28 am

Yeah, its confusing if your not used to it. Im becoming a bit of a rules boffin so hopefully next time we all play I'll be able to remember everything. Im going to create some rules sheets for us all that just explains the important points so we dont have to scan through the book every 5 mins.

Im thinking of collecting Black Templars next but must finish the Chaos first Shocked

Loads of people go for Ultramarines...they are quite cool looking tho Cool
HoD
HoD

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash < Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:55 am

Yeah that sheet will definatly come in handy, our last battle went on for about 6 hours diddnt it? it was a hell of a long time, it must have been hard on Pete, lost all his good stuff in the first 2 rounds Crying or Very sad we were doomed from the start haha it was a good day though i like looking at everyone elses stuff at the same time. When ever i go in GW they just have a couple of models on the table and a bunch in the display babinets, to see an entire Fleet of IG it was sweet.

If i do end up going to nottingham you should be worried my friend Cool Ork's + Tau a deadly force to be messed with Haha.

Yeah i know what you mean about wanting to get your next army but having to finish your last. I got a Huge bunch of Eldar last Christmas but once i started them i lost all my enthusiasm sadly, just before them i got a Tyranid Gaunt squad with a Zoanthrope and 2 Raveners i painted most of them up and im currently finishing my last 5 Hormoguants, they are difficult to paint its hard to explain why though, they have a much more akward surface compared to space marines as the Space marine armour is more flast surfaced, the Tyranids have all sorts of stuff coming off them (exoskelenton's, Tentacles, tiny eyes, hard to reach places, Akward poses, Large quantitys so you can get bored painting the same models over and over!)

The thing that put me off Eldar was the white spray it makes the models SOOO much harder to paint you mess up you can see it but when you spray models black its easier to go over and it helps ith shading. My Guardians where supposed to be the white colour scheme with the green helmets but it was just too hard in the end so i have been trying to think up a new one, now that i am back into 40k again anyway.

Ash <

Back to top Go down

Post  HoD Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:18 am

Yeah, that was the longest battle in history. Pete's army got battered at the beginning and it was difficult as we were a bit confused with alot of the rules scratch A stressful day for us all.

It'll be so much faster now.

Glad you're getting back into it. Those Eldar colours are really bright, and Tyranids are so detailed, they look good when they're paint affraid affraid ed though.

I have no fear of Orks or Tau the only thing I fear are crap dice rolls, double 1's here I come!!
HoD
HoD

Back to top Go down

Post  Overlord Dementor Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:45 am

Sorry everyopne, ive been learning a new role at work today so hav'nt been able to scratch my arse let alone email on the forum.

Good to see you on here Ash, try signing up again using a different username but the same email address, that should work. saves you signing in as a guest all the time.

I never use white spray anymore, especially now the foundation paints are out Razz

Im looking forward to the epic battles my Mega Armoured Nobz Vs Your Nurgle terminators are gonna have HoD, should be some very close calls I may buy Ghazkghull aswell, just for abit of extra punch Sleep

Kinder, we demand photo#s of you DH
Overlord Dementor
Overlord Dementor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash < Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:43 am

Haha you will fear us this time Twisted Evil especially if we have a bigger battle in terms of points, just means more firepower for me Muhahaha.

Yeah Pete i tried making another account using a different username but the same email adress but it said this emailadress is already in use!

Then i tried with a different email adress + username and it wont work, Tom did you have to recieve and email to join the forum, the email would have had an activation link with it.

Ash <

Back to top Go down

Post  Overlord Dementor Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:46 am

Yeah I think you are meant to recieve an notification email but im not entirely sure to be honest.

I think Toms gone home for the day so i'll call him tonight and let you know ash.

Im getting a laptop this weekend so expect me to sign in to LIVE very soon my man. Cant wait. We;ll do Gears and you can help me playthrough Vegas on realistic if ya want?
Overlord Dementor
Overlord Dementor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  50. Caliber Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:14 pm

My first painted squad of Tau FireWarriors, First painted 40k models ever.

https://2img.net/h/i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr222/Sir_Raver_Ash/FirstSquadofTauFirewarriors.jpg

My first painted Space Marines, the Assult Marines in the back were painted after Surprised

https://2img.net/h/i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr222/Sir_Raver_Ash/MyfirsthandfulofMarines.jpg

Enjoy Very Happy
50. Caliber
50. Caliber

Back to top Go down

Post  General Kinder Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:15 pm

Nice one General Ash,

Looks like you've been really busy making such a HUGE army.

Here's pics of my completed Damon Hunter Terminators. The quality of the pics aren't great and don't show the blending as well as they actually look. But you get the general idea. They took over 12 hours to make and paint.

Painting and WIPs DaemonB
Painting and WIPs DaemonA-1
Painting and WIPs DaemonD

Spray Chaos Black,
Spray Skull White,
Paint Scab Red,
Apply a darkened Scab Red Wash (Dark angel green to darken),
Drybrush Scab Red,
Drybrush Blood Red
Drybrush Sunburst Yellow,
Drybrush Blood Red.

I used an old model making trick of using tea leafs from a tea bag to create the base effect.
In case you're wondering I used PG Tips Laughing
General Kinder
General Kinder

http://www.sillyface.org

Back to top Go down

Post  50. Caliber Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:40 pm

Haha PG tips Very Happy Jesus! those guys look hardcore. General Kinder you are an insperation, the time and effort definately shows, the models themselves look awsome aswell, iv never seen Deamon Hunters before, only a few pictures on the website Wink

Soon i will gather my stuff and take new pictures them ones above where taken before last christmas, and the Tau Firewarriors where taken the day the 300 came out in the Cinema haha (that was when i bought my first batch of stuff from GW up bluewater)
50. Caliber
50. Caliber

Back to top Go down

Post  HoD Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:57 pm

General Kinder.

Those Terminators look awesome. They will have such a dramatic effect in aiding the Imperial Guard. You'll need it for the campaign I've devised. Ive don it so that we can all use our armies in the same campaign no matter what the points values or which armies are being used.

Ill attach it soon.
HoD
HoD

Back to top Go down

Post  General Kinder Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:38 am

Cheers guys drunken

I'm already halfway through a squad of Grey Knight Space Marines now. They have the same scheme and look just as cool.
I'm off to Turkey this Friday for 10 days, so am trying to get them all done before then. I'll be buying the new rule book to read on holiday so I'll be brushed up on the new rules by the time we meet.
General Kinder
General Kinder

Back to top Go down

Painting and WIPs Empty New Project-Computer Station

Post  General Kinder Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:38 am

Following HoD great and detailed campaign plan, I've started to plan out terrain to cater for the first battle.

Here's how far I've got with the computer station. Also I plan to back a small barracks and probably a watch tower...

First I drew a plan of what it would look like while sunbathing in Turkey with topless/thong wearing Russian lady holiday makers trying to distract me from the importance of WARHAMMER!
Painting and WIPs Computer_station

Then I drew a net on mounting card...
Painting and WIPs Computer_stationII

After cutiing it out, scoring and mounting. I cut out a base from perspex and mounted the building...
Painting and WIPs Computer_stationIII

That's it so far. Next I'll add texture paint and add details.
General Kinder
General Kinder

Back to top Go down

Post  50. Caliber Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:54 pm

Wow that looks Fu*#£&g Awsome!!! John your a talented guy, cant wait to see the finished product Laughing
50. Caliber
50. Caliber

Back to top Go down

Post  Overlord Dementor Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:18 am

I cant view them Kinder Sad. If your using Photobucket then its blocked at my work. Can you email the pics to me
Overlord Dementor
Overlord Dementor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HoD Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:10 am

Pretty impressive General Kinder. Cant wait to see it painted Very Happy
HoD
HoD

Back to top Go down

Post  General Kinder Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:52 pm

Took me ages to find a good detailed tutorial to show how to blend acrylic paints on miniatures.
This one I found on YouTube is the best.
It's probably a technique to use for special miniatures as it's a long process but well worth it.

It seems the trick is use two brushes. One to apply the paint and a constantly clean one to blend.

Check it out and let me know what you think...

CLICK HERE YOU GAY
General Kinder
General Kinder

Back to top Go down

Post  General Kinder Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:02 am

Ta da!............ cheers

Painting and WIPs ComputerstationComplete

Sprayed with Rought Coat, dry brushed brown, codex grey, fortress grey and then skull white.

Painting and WIPs Door

The door was mde on PhotoShop, printed and stuck on.

Painting and WIPs Dome

Nice little details.
General Kinder
General Kinder

Back to top Go down

Painting and WIPs Empty Pnd (difficult terrain)

Post  General Kinder Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:05 am

Hi again,

We needed more difficult terrain so made this simple but effective piece.
A lovely pond to drown your foes in.

Painting and WIPs PondII
General Kinder
General Kinder

Back to top Go down

Post  HoD Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:35 am

Wow, General Kinder you have surpassed yourself!

That is top notch terrain Very Happy

We'll have to have a generals meeting soon, my enthusiasm is waning, although after seeing General Kinders new terrain I felt a spark of excitement return to my flacid soldier!

ANother piece of exciting news. My General Name HoD, the word HOD actually means 'Glory' in Hebrew. With my track record for victory I feel that this is an acurate translation Wink
HoD
HoD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum